Visiting and Touring in China and Hong Kong.
There is plenty to do and see in China and whilst perhaps many tourists decided to go there on organized trips it really is pretty easy to simply do it all yourself. Things to consider initially are getting visas and then working out how long you need i.e. sort out an itinerary of where you would like to go too and what to see. Perhaps get a couple of guide books (Insight, Rough Guides and Eyewitness are good) and also maybe pick up a couple of organized-trip brochures and see where they go.
Then decide if you want to book everything up in advance i.e. internal flights and chosing and booking hotels - or perhaps stay very flexible and only book your first hotel and do the
rest as you go along. Although distances are sometimes considerable (which often means flying) there are various locations in China reachable either by train, hiring a car and driver for drop-offs or even by taking a nice boat trip along a river or two.
There are huge benefits on deciding to take a self-guided tour of China - not least with there being be a huge saving in costs. Equally the flexibility of touring where you want to go and taking your time over it all i.e. no being chivvied along from place to
place or having to get up at some ludicrous time of the day to get on a long distance coach!.
Our topics about holidays, travel and self-guided touring in China:-
- General tourist information about visiting China
- Info about a self-guided tour of China, visas, international and internal flights, hazards, hotels, restaurants, getting around.
- Beijing Touring and Travel Guides and Photos
- Beijing in China: the airport, hotels, restaurants, buses, taxis, metro - getting around and about in Beijing and things to do.
- Beijing Sightseeing Fayuan and Lama Temples and Niujie Mosque
- Beijing attractions - visiting The Lama Temple, The Temple of Confucius, Niujie Mosque and The Fayuan Temple -photos.
- Places to visit whilst at Beijing in China
- Visiting Tiananmen Square in Beijing, The Temple of Heaven and looking round The Forbidden City.
- Visiting The Beijing Summer Palace - China
- Sightseeing The Beijing Summer Palace, walking along the West Causeway with its beautiful bridges, scenery and water features.
- Great Wall of China at Mutianyu daytrip
- Visit to The Great Wall at Mutianyu on a daytrip, walking a section of the Wall, China Great Wall photos, visiting The Sacred Way.
- Guilin Travel and Touring Guide
- Guilin attractions and things to do there such as walking around Guilin Lake, looking at The Li River and Canals - Photos.
- Hangzhou Travel and Touring guide
- Hangzhou City (Eastern China) sightseeing and touring guide - walking round West Lake looking at the Lake's beautiful bridges
- Visiting the Tea Terraces at Longjing
- Day trip to Longjing Village in China, walking beside the tea terraces around 9 Creeks at Longjing and Liuhe Ta Pagoda - photos.
- The Longsheng Rice Terraces daytrip
- A trip into the Chinese Mountains to visit the beautiful Longsheng rice terraces and Longji Titain - dragon's backbone terraces.
- Hong Kong travel and touring guide
- Visiting Hong Kong - getting there, hotels, places to eat, attractions and things to do in Hong Kong.
- Visiting The Peak on Hong Kong Island
- Taking a ride on The Peak Tramway up to The Peak, walking around The Governors Gardens on Hong Kong Island.
- Kunming Touring and Travel Guide
- Kunming China - visiting Yuantong Si, Green Park Lake, Black Dragon Pool Temple, Bamboo Temple at Kunming, Photos.
- Visiting Lantau Island and The Big Buddha in China
- Visiting The Big Buddha using Lantau Island ferry, going to Po Lin Monastery, Mui Wo and Tai O fishing villages, stilthouses.
- Suzhou China Travel and Touring Guide
- Suzhou China: visiting Shi Po Bridge, Humble Administrators Garden, North Temple Pagoda (Beisi Ta), Xuanmiao Taoist Temple.
- Places to visit and see in Suzhou China
- Suzhou attractions - Panmen Scenic area, Hall of Attractive Scenery, Guihua Park, Hanshan Temple, Tiger Hill and Maple Bridge.
- Terracotta Army China Sightseeing Guide
- Visiting The Terracotta Warriors and Horses on a day trip from Xian - Chinese Terracotta Army figures and statues - photos.
- Xi'an City Travel and Touring guide
- Xian City in China: travel and touring guide, where to stay in Xi'an, restaurants, getting around, attractions, things to do.
- Sightseeing temples, pagodas and Xian City Wall
- Touring Xian - walking Xi'an City wall, visiting the Drum and Bell Tower, Great Mosque, Large Goose Pagoda, Dacien Si Temple.
- Yangshuo Travel and Touring Guide
- Yangshuo China - getting there on the Li River boat from Guilin to Yangshuo in China, cycling and things to do and see there.
You may be interested in our touring topics about several of China's neighbours:-
We have several other websites which might be of interest covering India, New Zealand, Egypt, Cyprus, many Greek Islands, The Algarve, several Canary Islands and also in England: Wild Flowers, Churches, canals, rivers, The Thames Path and National Trail Walks. Please visit our Resources Page